Tuesday, April 9, 2013

HK Day 1

We have decided to go to HK during our spring break in NSYSU and it was my first time there. We reached in the late afternoon at about 4pm and we were so tired as we took a midnight flight from singapore to taipei and then another flight from taipei to hk, all in the same day. So tired till I "unglaming-ly" slept in the airport seats for a few hours while waiting for our flight to hk.

We were supposed to stay in one of the hotels located in Chung King Mansion along Nathan road in Tsim Sha Tsui (TST) BUT after what yushu has told me about the place, I immediately went to cancel my stay in the hotel. We did not really pay much attention to the reviews when we went to book it, rather we focus on finding hotels which have good locations/near the MTR. Luckily we managed to switch our hotel to Metropark Hotel at Kowloon. Although it was much more expensive, I didnt regret it. I went to check out the Chung King Mansion on the first night and the place were filled with Indians, Pakistanis and Africans men asking you to buy their products(dk if its illegal) and I felt kind of scared and unsafe walking in that mansion. Furthermore, there was free shuttle bus from our hotel to TST and Mongkok(ladies market) almost every half an hour which was really convenient for us :)

Anyway, a big thank you to some of my friends who sent me their HK itineraries and it makes it easier for me to find all the awesome food and shopping places! :) Esp those who even ask their friends for it and then sent to me, tyvm :')

After unpacking, we took the shuttle bus to TST for dinner. We were looking for a restaurant called "Sweet Dynasty" (糖朝)recommended by many people. It is a cantonese restaurant that serves noodles/fried rice/congee, desserts and dim sum.



Food that we ordered!



My favorite dish was this har gow! There was soup inside just like xiaolongbao, so yummy!







This red bean tauhuey was our substitute for the bucket of tauhuey which I heard is supppperrrrr famous here but is so big and expensive(sgd$12) hence we didnt order as we thought we might nt be able to finish it. I am not a big fan of tauhuey but this dessert is just nice for me as the red bean is good and is not very sweet.



Overall, I think their dishes was so-so for the price we paid for it. 5 dishes for Sgd $31... I would only go back for their other desserts which looks really good in the menu :)

After dinner, we walked around TST and this is the infamous Chung King Mansion. But the exterior of the building looks nice though



AND meet my new baby! Big damage on my first night. But I am so happy because I have been looking for this classic necklace design at a lot of places already but it was sold out! I am so lucky this time :>



FYI, I don't use my parents $ or ask my parents for $ to buy branded stuff or pay for my daily expenses for shopping. I haven't been taking allowance from them ever since after A levels? Some girls show off their countless branded stuff but I only admire those who work and have their own ability to buy for it. Unless its a gift.. Cos then its worth showing off to other people right? Hahaa okay #justsaying

*add on* cos some people say I sounded pissed in my last paragraph haha but Im actually not ! :) Its just that I do not want to give people the impression that I spend a lot and I am using my parents' money ;)

Thats all for day 1, thanks for reading xx





No comments:

Post a Comment