Sunday, May 12, 2013

Where to eat pasta in Kaohsiung

Was so excited telling my friend about where to eat in kaohsiung and the first thought that came to my mind was pasta! Because the pasta here is so goooood and cheap! I am not lying :P

So far, I have been to 3 restaurants which sell very good pasta at affordable prices and I will be recommending them in this post :)

The first one is Cucina Pasta, which has 2 outlets in Kaohsiung and 1 at tainan. We have been walking past this restaurant since last semester but we didn't manage to eat because there was always a long queues and secondly, we were too lazy to call and make a reservation. A few days ago, we decided to head to the restaurant since it's our 17th month and we were craving for pasta.

And boy were we not disappointed! The ambience is perfect for couples and for gatherings. I ordered pasta while Alf ordered pizza :)

The setting of the restaurant.











Fried (with garlic) spaghetti with chicken and bacon



Looking very lethargic because I had a long and tiring day.




Seafood pizza



Looking very hungry because it was nearing 8pm alr.




Nothing is complete w/o desserts! hehhe we ordered their Apple crumble with chocolate mint ice-cream, which was recommended by the waiter as I was deciding between that or the brownie:) The apple crumble was served hot and the crumble was melting in our mouths. Perfect combination with the ice-cream!



Two words to describe after dinner "HAPPY TUMMY" ;)

I finished the whole plate of pasta and was already planning our next visit hahah.

Took their name card to make your find easier. The first one is very near to Zuoying MRT station and the second you have to walk a bit from central park MRT. Be sure to make a reservation before heading there, preferably 1-2 days in advance.




Moving on to the next.... Big Mama restaurant! I can eat this once like almost every week and still won't get sick of it hehe.

These pastas were taken when I was there with my family. Pardon the blur-ness because I took it when it was piping hot.





They also have a wide selection of pastas and baked rice but they don't serve pizzas.

The big mama platter is their signature dish! Will order this everytime I am there although we are quite full after our main course already. The platter has 3 side dishes, you can choose from fries, German sausages, fried chicken and cheesesticks. It's very crispy and only costs NT120 a platter(SGD$5??)



This is their FB page, where their contact and address can be found :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/BigMaMa/210673535632114?fref=ts&rf=122949087811250

Another plus point: No service charge !

The last stop: Bite 2 eat, which is somewhere near one of the Cucina pasta outlets I have recommended earlier. They serve mainly pastas and pizzas and you also need to make a reservation as it would be quite crowded even on weekdays :)

Their dining place has a concept of a boutique cafe and the area was very comfy and clean.









As usual, I ordered pasta because I love pasta>pizza.

My spicy spaghetti with fried garlic and bacon. Warning! Their 'spicy' is really hot and spicy chilli !! I ended up drinking 2 cups of water which made me very full,otherwise it would really tasted nice. Garlic lovers will fall for this ;)



Chicken pizza



All in all, I would think that they serve better pastas than pizzas although their pizzas are not too shabby.

Here's their fb page for more details

https://www.facebook.com/pages/%E8%96%84%E5%A4%9A%E7%BE%A9%E6%96%87%E6%A9%AB%E5%BA%97/241243595945414?fref=ts&rf=258680894206257


If you are a pasta lover and you are coming to Kaohsiung, I highly recommend these 3. Cuccina would be my first on the list :) What are you waiting for?

Thanks for reading! xx





No comments:

Post a Comment