Saturday, March 16, 2013

Ciaotou Sugar Refinery- Kaohsiung

On one of the past weekends, me and Alf took the MRT to Ciaotou sugar refinery [橋頭糖廠] station. Back in 1900s, it was a sugar refinery factory and now it has become a sugar museum to let the people understand the process of sugar refinery and its history. The place is characterized by old buildings, artworks, history and cafes.












Came across a swing beside a cafe which brings back childhood memories..






We happen to see a mini train which has wooden seats and gates that they have preserved from the past and was used to transport sugar canes.







Camwhoring during the 10 mins train ride :P








And.. I saw an area growing lavenders!! I was like " WOW, we dont even have to go to the lavender farm in taichung at all" haha










Besides the lavenders, there is also a duck pond, a lotus pond and we spotted ostriches there!













And before we left the place, we bought the old-school kind of ice pop that a lot of people are raving about. There are like more than 5 flavours to choose from! We chose the sour plum flavor, I thought it was smth which I wont get to eat it in SG~ or even as cheap as I bought it here! Around 50cents if I rmb...



Happy with his ice pop~




Its a pity that we don't get to see the sugar refinery musuem because it happened to be close on that day for some activities which I'm not sure.. But I guess it will be interesting if you can see the equipments and the process of making sugar- our daily needs!


To sum up, we pretty love the time spent there because it has brought us charm to this part of old taiwan. Don't miss this if you are in kaohsiung!

No comments:

Post a Comment