Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Family trip part 2: Kaohsiung

I have been in kaohsiung for at least half a year, but I have not visited some of the sight-seeing places and tourist attractions. Hence, I took the chance to bring my family to some of these places in kaohsiung and it was a fruitful trip since I have not been to most of the attractions here before.

Here is a photo of Formosa Boulevard Station, in chinese it is called "美丽岛“. It is one of the MRT stations in kaohsiung and it is known for its "Dome of light" which has the largest glasswork in the world. Furthermore, it is voted the most beautiful station in the world! The 4 colours actually represent different meanings, but I shall not talk about it here..



Our next destination was "Cijin Island" which is just a 5 mins boat ride away from where I stay.. Its famous for their seafood there as they sell NT100 for each plate which is like SGD$4-5? I did not bring my family there for seafood, rather we cycled around the area to look at some scenic places. Before we head off for the boat ride, my mum suggested to have some desserts nearby. We ordered 3 kinds of shaved ice: Mango, Strawberry and Mixed fruits for 5 people and it was perfect for the hot weather! I am so lucky because there are apparently 5 shops selling these types of shaved ice plus lots of food like the 豪大大鸡排(super big chicken cutlet), pasta, jap, korean food near my house :) I will never go hungry...



3 bowls only for like SGD$8??

Photos taken on the way and at cijin island..



Puppet show, interesting!



This is taken at the cijin wind turbine park.( My brother and mum )



The next day we went to Zuoying,a popular tourist attraction place. We took a 20 mins bus ride from the MRT station because I don't really like to spend money on cabs esp when their bus rides are so cheap here (NT12) !!!

We headed to the "Lotus Lake" and there is a "Dragon and Tiger Pagoda" situated there...



The tiger and dragon make it a special temple and I heard that entering through the Dragon's mouth and exiting through the Tiger mouth will bring good fortune, hence we followed the superstition :)



Moving on, we went to ask around for "Chess cookies" ( 棋饼 ) which my mum has seen the recommendation on some television channel in SG. AND YES, we found it!! It is so yummy and it melts in your mouth at the slightest bite, unlike normal cookies! And what's more, you can actually play chinese chess with it! They will give the chinese chess paper when you buy their cookies and you can play chinese chess and eat them when you have lost your moves! My mum bought 3 boxes back while I bought only 3 cookies back since I cant finish one big box on my own. So going to buy back to SG when I'm heading home.. and if I have extra $$ hahaa



No preservatives are added and they are low in sugar too~

Thats all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment