Sunday, July 21, 2013

Yilan ( Luodong Night Market )

ALOHA~ I need to start updating my last 2 weeks spent in Taipei soon! I had a short getaway to bkk this week and it was totally a right decision before my busy days come soon! Ok, back to taipei.

After being in Taipei for like so many times, I F-I-N-A-L-L-Y made a trip to Yilan. I took a bus from Taipei Main station to Luodong(part of Yilan) and it costs like only SGD$6(around) for a round trip. A single journey there is only about 45 mins??

I managed to travel with my favorite bunch of friends made in NSYSU which makes the trip more enjoyable :) Yilan is very big and you need to plan where you intend to go so that you can book a hotel that is just nearby. We stayed at Luodong because we wanted to go to the popular Luodong Night Market at night.

The bus dropped us at Luodong Railway Station and it was a 20 mins walk to our hostel.
TATA! Our one night stay was here~





Their lobby~


They have cute hello kitties awwwwwwww. Can I bring one home?



Our room! For 6 people and there were 3 double beds. The room was better than I expected, very spacious and with a small balcony. And we only paid SGD$20 each for a night! Supppperrrr worth it~

I took this when we were checking out so its kind of messy, haha.





It was already 5pm when we checked in, thus we headed out straight to the night market after putting our bags. Took some photos opposite our hostel because there is a looking-fresh green pasture~It would be good if we could picnic here!!







We were lazy to walk another 20-30mins to the night market plus we saw some bicycles outside the hostel, so we decided to ask if we could borrow their bikes. They were so nice to lend us!

After a 10-15 mins ride, we parked our bikes near the night market.

Looking around for food~







I love this! Waited 10 mins for this because many people were queuing~





Cheese and egg with lobster roe inside, yummmmeeeyyy~



This is also one of the best stinky tofu I had in Taiwan!! I am not a lover of this but this was really nice, esp the sauce ^^



Other nice food that we shared...





This is their famous dessert stall which sells frozen yogurt, shaved ice, ice-cream...



And their speciality was this!! So chio~~ It is actually quite tasteless but very crunchy, to my liking:>









Played bball to digest our food lolol. I think it helps to strengthen my arm muscles because I felt the aching the next day~





My grad bear?? Haha



That's about all. Headed back to the hostel after this :D Luodong Night Market has their own local food which I recommend you to go if you are sick of Taipei ones~

XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment