Friday, August 16, 2013

Taipei Beitou (Thermal Valley, library)

Back to Taipei again! We spent one of the days in Beitou and I didn't regret it because the place is so different from the city area! It's just like a different part of Taipei, the serenity there brings comfort to my soul.

Alight at the Xin Beitou MRT station!





It is very easy to navigate your way around Beitou because they have very useful signs like this! You would also be guided along the way as the signs are all over.





There are 2 places in Beitou that I REALLY REALLY think must go!!

1) Beitou Thermal Valley. It is also known as Hell Valley(sounds frightening~) which is the source that provides the natural hot spring water in Beitou area.

This place is really a gem!





Look at the clouds of steam!!



Steam is super good for the skin and I enjoyed my free "face steaming" session there, I felt so much refreshing after that :P



2)Beitou Library

You might be feeling apprehensive about it but you won't after scrolling through these pictures :P













The library is so awesome!! I fell in love with it at first sight! It's surrounded by lush greenery and you can spend an afternoon there comfortably.

If Singapore has a library like that, I'll probably ace all my exams ^_*

I did some research on it and found out that this is Taiwan's first green library and almost every structure of the building is built with eco-friendliness~ For instance, the library's rooftop acts like a drainage system where it collects rainwater and then, use it to water the library's plants and flush the toilets. How cool is that!!

Can Singapore build a library like this too ?

My #ootd for the day :D



Soaking my legs in the super hot water!





TGIF :D

XX









No comments:

Post a Comment