Thursday, April 10, 2014

Ma Maison Bugis

Hi everybody~ One of the rare weekday afternoons which I can really sit down and have my private time. Other than that, I would probably be marking and doing up my lesson plans in the staffroom...

It was also one of the rare weekday nights that I travelled down to Bugis for dinner. Ever since practicum started, I hardly have the energy to head out at night. I'll just crash at home.

It was my third time at Ma Maison. I did not really enjoy myself the previous 2 times I was there because their service was really bad. And they have not prove me wrong still. Although it was a weekday with not much of a crowd, I had to wait 30 mins for my food to be served?? What was more ridiculous was that the lady who took my order, did not know what I had ordered! She asked me to wait and she would check for me, but no, she did not get back to me. We asked another lady for help and apparently, she did not get back to us too. I was so pissed that I told them I wanted to cancel my order. It was SO obvious they have forgotten about it but they gave an excuse and said the kitchen was busy.

And because they are guilty, they decided to give us a complimentary brownie.

Enough of ranting. Besides the nasty service, I thought their food was really good.



Appetizer: Scallop with salmon roe. Anything with salmon roe tastes good :P



This was on their special menu because it's seasonal. Squid ink baked rice with omelette and cream sauce. YUMS



Spaghetti Mentaiko. It was cooked with mushrooms, onions, clams, baby prawns, seaweed, and spicy cod roe. I love this!



I wouldn't eat a brownie without ice cream because it would be too dry for me. This is definitely not worth trying because I find it hard and dry. Nothing fantansic!

But, their mains are definitely worth a try! Going back again :D

No comments:

Post a Comment