Saturday, June 1, 2013

Cijin Island

Had a 'random' met-up with Jiahui in kaohsiung on Wednesday and its RANDOM because we have never met up in SG before. Just hi-bye friends in secondary school but it was an enjoyable day spent with her and her parents :)

Initially, we planned to meet up for desserts nearby my house but her father was craving for seafood after that, hence I brought them to Cijin Island. We took a 5 min ferry ride over (the pier was also just nearby).

Directions: Take Kaohsiung MRT to SiZhiWan station, walk about 15 mins to Gushan ferry pier, and wait at most 10 mins for a 5min ferry ride. There will be a ferry every 5 mins, so it's actually very fast and convenient :) It would be advisable to rent a bicycle near the MRT station as you can then cycle it onto the ferry which brings you to Cijin(旗津). With a bicycle, you can slowly explore the many little attractions in cijin which includes Cihou lighthouse, Seashore park, Windpower park, Tianhou Temple.....and many more!

I've mentioned Cijin island in one of my first few posts that it is known for their seafood but I did not take any photos the last few times I was there, so now finally I have some photos to share :D

We walked past many stalls, but decided to settle for this restaurant. Its along the seafood street, a short walk from the pier only! There are many restaurants and I think most of them are pretty decent.









My hair color now.. Still red-ish :D whoooops pardon from the sidetrack:/




We didn't wait very long for the food and TADAH! Here are all what we have ordered :>



I love this the most! Fried mussel~ So big and chewy hahah









The fish is also very delicious and fresh, only like NT380? And it's the most expensive dish already!



The total bill adds up to only near SGD$50! Plus crab somemore, really considered cheap for 5 people right :P Freshest seafood I've eaten!

We walked to the sea after dinner to digest our food and the view was so gooooooood!It's only the beginning of last year that I begin to learn how to appreciate nature and scenery, but still not too late right? :D











Jiahui brought her polaroid along, we were so happy that the background of the polaroid was captured v well :D



Isn't Cijin island beautiful?

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment