Friday, June 14, 2013

Night market in Tainan, what to eat??

Spent a good 2D1N in Tainan as our local friend invited us to his house for a stay. It's my 5th time in Tainan but I enjoyed myself the most this time because of good company :D There were 6 of us, 3 taiwanese, 1 from china, plus me and Alf. It was so much comforting to travel around with bikes and being fetched by the locals rather than cabbing here and there.

We spent our first night at 大東夜市

Just look at the background and you would see how REALLY crowded the night market is on a friday night in Tainan~ There are mainly two very big night markets in Tainan, namely Dadong and Huayuan night market and they are also considered the biggest night markets in Taiwan, besides Fengchia Night market in Taichung city.



Some of my favourite food that I will definitely eat when I am there...

大肠包小肠 If you directly translate it to english, it would be misinterpreted as "Big intestine wrap small intestine" and many people will tend to avoid this since the name is quite turn-off ~ But the fact is, it's not! It is actually a pork sausage wrapped in glutinous rice sausage. Taiwan's speciality, don't miss it :P



Kimchi with pork fried rice dumpling, crispy on the outside with filling inside :D There are many different flavors to choose from, but I still prefer kimchi heh
















原住民烤肉 ( Taiwan Aborigine roast pork ) MUST-EAT! It's marinated very well and I can't find any BBQ/roasted pork better than this :D














Chocolate banana pancake *whoooop* There are so many flavors too, I love the yogurt flavor that my friend bought the most!















A night market that has everything, and can even fit in a children's ride! Hahah















Was too crowded and thus I didn't bother to take all the food that we have eaten that night. And the rest of the night was spent playing mahjong and chit-chatting till 3+ am! So many things to talk about when we only know each other for only a month??

Shall blog about Tainan Day 2 soon xD Have to focus on my finals now, yes my very very and really FINALS exams and I will graduate soon! Although I can't bear to leave here at all D:

Oh well...

Till the next! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment